Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 4 - Day 21

Thought I'd share the little angel that I gained all my weight for, and boy was she worth it!:) Ok, I can blame her all I want, but the truth is I let myself eat what EVER I wanted, and because I always said, "I'm eating for two", my portion sizes got out of control, I did not need to gain the 50 pounds that I did with her, but I did, and here I am trying to lose 35 lbs! Last week was out of control crazy....and my bruised rib really set me back, I was in a lot of pain-just bending over to pick up something hurt, so I did not work out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,and Sunday, and I started to slip back in my old habits of eating "Too much".
BUT......... I do have to say, I had some "aha" moments (I never thought I'd use that word:)). I went to my dad's retirement party, and I didn't have ONE slice of cake, and the full size candy bars that had, "Congratulations" on them for people to take home......I did NOT take one!:) My other moment was when I was talking to my sister-in-law and I noticed that she had lost weight, and asked her what she was doing to lose the weight. She told me that she just became "AWARE". She was getting to a weight that she was when she was nine months pregnant with her first child, and decided to make a change. She just started working out 5 days a week for 30 minutes minimum. She became aware of what she was putting in her mouth. She looks great, and she inspired me.
So, I came home and today being Monday, I knew I needed to get a good workout in even though my ribs were still hurting me. So I got the kids in the stroller and did my route that I do all the time and a week ago "RAN" and felt AmAZing. Today was different, I felt pain, and I felt heavy, I only walked the route this time, and tried to keep up the pace. I am sad to say that I still have only lost the 5 lbs that I dropped the first week, but I am going to stay positive, and try to allow myself to slowly become stronger so I can avoid injuring myself. I know that the key is "BECOMING AWARE", because although this is a slow process, I notice myself making small changes that make me "proud".

No comments:

Post a Comment

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com