Thursday, May 19, 2011

day 22 and day 23

I have to be very creative with my workouts since I have little ones at home, and I am still doctoring my bruised rib. I went out with my two kids in the stroller and tried to run, but it just was too painful, so I walked....I love hills, and when I'm walking I feel like I have to climb a hill to get my heartrate up, so I remembered a hill up the street from my house on Foremaster, so I headed there. It was awesome.....here is the picture of the first part of the hill.
It was a beautiful view at the top, and a great workout!
But that's not it....the hill goes back down on the other side, and boy did I want to challenge myself, so I went down.
And came back up! It was a great workout, and I didn't have to run!! I love hills, they push you without you having to push yourself like you would walking on a flat surface.....so go out and find a hill near you and conquer it!
Today I was so frustrated, because it was so windy and cold outside, so I had to do my workout inside, and I jumped on the internet to see if something inspired me, but it all comes down to just turning on music, and lifting some weights. I just used my 5 lbers today, and did some shoulder presses (very slow and controlled because of my rib), some bicep curls, some tricep extensions, some lunges, and some squats. The trick is to remember to do 3 exercises. like bicep, tricep, and lung and do 15-20 reps 3 TIMES. You must get your heart rate up, and you should take your muscles to fatigue.
It's very frustrating, because moves that did not take any effort before are really challenging for me..a simple pushup is very challenging, but I have to forget how many pushups or tricep dips I used to be able to do and focus on getting stronger. This is a great place for me to do my workout (in my BATHROOM:)) I turn on some music, and go for it......again remember, you will get out of it what you put into it....you don't have to do all the new fancy moves, just stick to the basics, focus on the muscles that you want to develop, and take them to exhaustion, and when the weight comes off, the muscles will be beautiful because of your effort(I know this to be true, but even though I know the truth, it is still hard to follow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com