Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A little restucture to my 90 day challenge

Well I have been at this for 28 days now, and unfortunately my body is not as ready to jump back as I am. I have had some major back pain, and my rib is still really sore....I have been so excited to start this 90 day challenge that it makes me mad that I have had these setbacks, but I will forever teach differently because of what I have gone through (I struggle doing some of the easiest yoga poses I teach). So I am going to focus on eating healthier for the next 30 days and hopefully help you get some better ideas for eating.....anyone reading this fill free to jump in and give me some fun easy good ideas!! I am not going to focus so much on the exercise because my body is still healing, and to be honest if anyone knows me, I LOVE TO WORKOUT, so I don't find that difficult, however EATING is a struggle....I am one of those who will workout harder and longer to be able to eat my SWEETS or extra BREAD!:)

Last January I went 30 days without sugar, and it was really beneficial. Because my weekness is sweets, it helped me to form a habit to eat a LOT less. So I plan on going the NEXT 30 days without sugar, and for the record.......I am on my 2ND day.....Every day counts for me because it is going to be a challenge, but I believe if there is something you want to achieve, 'FAKE IT', so for the next 30 days I am going to FAKE like I have NO problem going without sweets!!! :) I know this works, and I wouldn't do it if I didn't. I remember hearing that it takes 18 days to form a habit, so the habit that I intend to gain from this is the habit of NOT reaching for EVERY sweet in my view.

I am not completely dropping exercise from life, I will go on bike rides with my kids, swim some laps, go on walks, and do A LOT of yoga!! I am excited for this because I know that the last 30 days of my challenge I will feel a lot better, and then I will be able kick the exercise up a few NOTCHES!:)
Today my meals included; Oatmeal with wheat germ, bananas, craisins, and raw sunflower seeds YUMMY!:) Lunch, a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, dinner was a 6 inch chicken sandwich at Subway...and I have to say I didn't TOUCH the cookies I got for my screaming, begging children:). My snacks, orange, apple and saltine crackers, and lots of H2O:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com