Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 8 &9





Well because Monday was such a hard challenging workout, I was really tired on Tuesday. I had a lot to do, so the day just kind of went by and at 7:30 at night I knew I had to do something. I was going to leave the kids home with John and go running, but I decided I wanted to do weights. So I tried the dvd called 'I love Group Power' that was given to us from one of our personal trainers at the spa. Payton(my 11 year old) decided to do it with me. He was using 5 lb weights, and I used 8 lb weights, and the instructors on the video were using 30+ lb bars(they were guys). It was hard, and I was pathetic, but I tried not to get discouraged because I am not where I used to be athletically. I also had a blast working out with my son, he would tell me to keep going when I wanted to quit.
So today I woke up and I had all three of my kids (I usually work out pushing the stroller when I only have two), and so I decided to go to Dixie College and run the track and stairs. When I pulled up,I was not really in the mood, and I was scared that I wouldn't be able to push myself, so I decided to run a lap and run the stairs twice. I thought 30 stairs would be a good challenge, until I actually ran one!! I quickly dropped my challenge to 10, and was walking the rest of the 9:).. I won't have a problem challenging myself at Dixie, because I really want to run the 10 stairs, and then get to running 30!! My legs were jello at the end of 10 stairs, I couldn't BELIEVE how challenging it was, oh man do I want to get out on those mountains again:).
It is a challenge to get a workout in EVERY day, and after I lost the first 5 lbs so quickly, I was on such a high, and then thought I'd put on my clothes and notice a HUGE difference, yes my clothes fit better, but I wanted them to be loose.:( It is a daily struggle to not get discouraged and give up, but then I would be eating my words....I love to motivate others and help them to understand that weight loss is one of the hardest things to do, but one of the most rewarding when done! I am right in the beginning and I have a long road ahead, but it really does help to right down each day my progress. Eating has been very easy for myself, because I am eating Desert Cliffs meals, and I KNOW that just by eating the meals anyone will lose weight, so it's pretty easy to stick to it knowing at the end of this week I will see results.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com