Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a LITTLE setback in my 90 day challenge

Day 10 Thursday morning after my run at Dixie stairs, I got up and could hardly walk, my calves were soooo tight!! I usually love to be sore because it makes me feel like I'm getting stronger, but this was painful. I missed my morning run, and had such a busy day, I decided to go to Summit Athletic Club that evening. I LOVE a good hard workout, but like many others, I have a HARD time motivating myself at the gym without a class or someone there to push me. I wasn't too thrilled to go by myself, so I took my took older boys so they could go play basketball. I went up to the weights, and started to do a little circuit with the machines, but didn't feel the fire, and I didn't go in with a plan. Then my boys came up and wanted to workout. I spent a while helping them lift the weights right, and then I decided I needed to get some cardio. I started on the treadmill and then my boys asked me to come and play speed with them in the gym, anything to get off that machine:). Well it was not the workout I would accept as an instructor, but I was there. It's really tough to get motivated when the body feels so out of shape, but this is why I set myself up for 90 days, and not a quick 30. I know what it takes to get the body back, and I don't want to hurt myself while doing it, but what we need to remember is that it's a LIFESTYLE change. My lifestyle as a mother is filled with opportunities to involve my kids and run around with them and be an active person. I can not wait til I can participate in a high intensity workout, or train for a run, but this 90 days is about getting myself back on the lifestyle plan that I want to grow old with.
Day 11 Friday I went walking with my kids in the stroller and found a fun trail that goes for miles and miles. I found a really fun loop, but I was only able to walk, it was frustrating, but a wonderful walk and I made sure I was going as quickly as I could. It did not have the hills like my other route, but it was a NICE change.
Day 12 Saturday I woke up with an infection (mastitis). It hit me so hard I was in bed all day!!
Day 13 Trying to recover from my day in bed....Mother's day...my kids got me a basket of fun stuff with lots of chocolate......NOT a good thing to give someone that has been doing so well, I wonder if a lot of our guests go home and experience this....I ate most of it all by myself!!! I was mad at myself because I was doing so well.
Day 14 What a busy day, I had to run my son around for rehearsal and a photo shoot for the Little Mermaid coming here to Tuacahn. I decided I would come home and workout that evening. I got home pretty hungry because I was on the go all day, and my husband had gotten pizza for dinner......OH DEAR........I had four slices, plus I ate some of my kids crusts!!! Last night I bruised my ribs, and so here I am the next morning KNOWING that I have got to JUMP back on the wagon before it passes me by. I will report on my day, and I promise I will have fit a workout in one way or another.........I guess it doesn't help that I ate a slice of pizza for breakfast:). Accountability....."I will report on what I ate today, and will not lie:)"
Lesson to be learned.....Do not be hard on yourself! Allow yourself to make mistakes....I know that because I am aware, my eating habits are going to become much healthier....yes I will have a slice of pizza now and then, or some chocolate, but by the end of this 90 days, it will not really end, it will just be easier to NOT binge, and NOT kick myself when I'm down, this is the HARDEST part!! Maintaining is much easier, and when you get into the maintaining phase, it has become part of you, I've been there, and I'm determined to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com