Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 4 and 5

Yesterday, was kind of an off day, I think the day before really did me in when I ran 6 miles. I still got out and did an hour of run/walking pushing my stroller, most of it was walking. I came home and did my 3 sets of triceps, biceps, and pushups. Eating has been great, I don't feel hungry, and I am really making good choices (remember the weekend has not come yet:)), and I also eat a lot of little meals throughout the day, my fave being cottage cheese with blueberries. Because I am so busy, I have had to reteach my taste buds. I will feel the urge to snack, so instead of crackers, or chips, I will grab a tomato, put a little salt on it, and eat it like an apple, or cucumbers are great to grab and eat, of course it's not my fave, but it really stops those cravings.

Today I just could not get my workout in this morning, and I HATE working out at night, but I made a commitment to do at LEAST 30 minutes a day, so I knew all day I was going to have to figure something out. My husband got home at 7:30, so I grabbed my 9 year old son, and we headed for the TOWER!(a 1000 ft incline). It was great!! My son creamed me, but I told him that someday I was going to beat him, and he asked when and I said, "IN A MONTH", so I better get busy, because he really was fast! We did it in 28 minutes, so that is something I can do quickly, it's close, and it really works the BOOTY!

I heard a trick once from someone saying that they piled their bowl with spinach and then put their pasta on top, so they could still eat their pasta, but not too much, and since I'm a mom of five I don't have time to make a seperate meal for me, so I eat what my family eats, and tonight it was pasta. I piled my spinach in my bowl, and added about 1/2 cup of pasta, and it was great, and I actually felt full when I was done, I honestly didn't think I would.
So tomorrow is the weekend.......so hard for me!!! But I am really proud I really didn't know how I was going to fit exercise back in my life, but I have worked out for 5 days in a row!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com