Monday, April 25, 2011

90 day challenge

For those of you that don't know me, my name is Leanne, my husband John and I started Desert Cliffs, and I LOVE to workout, but after having a baby, it is challenging to find the time. I am posing in this picture with a very fit guest that comes twice a year, because she also loves to work out, and loves to devote her two weeks here to working out and eating healthy to keep her in tip top shape. I thought it'd be fun to take a picture with her now, and then one again in six months.
I knew this day was going to come, and it is here, time to get my baby weight off. Some may think that taking off baby weight is easy, but after doing it 4 times already, I know that each time it is more difficult. After my last child was born, my weight stayed the same for 3 months until I decided to compete in a 90 day weightloss competition. I was able to lose 35 lbs in that 3 months, and I plan to do it again, but it is very challenging.


So here are my rules:


1. I have to weigh and measure myself

2. I have to write down everything I eat in the day

3. I have to commit to doing at least 30 minutes to an hour of working out every day.


Most of us know that losing weight is VERY challenging, but it is a lot easier to do it when you have to share your journey with others, so I really hope that I can convince you to comment on our Facebook page whenever I post something, so I feel like I'm not alone on this difficult, but oh so worth it challenge. It is not necessary to post your starting weight(unless you want to), but every week I will be posting my progress (weight/inches/body fat % lost).


This is 'my' plan, and everyone's will be a little different, but the idea is to burn as many calories as you can each day.:)


Because I have a newborn, I will not be able to go to the gym like I'd like to, and I will not be able to put in the time that I would love to, but I plan to make my workouts effective.....so today I had an hour to workout, I got my kids in the stroller, and headed out. Behind my house I've got a lot of hills, and so I mapped out a route that includes 8 good hills. On each hill I run as quickly as I can up it. (doing intervals will increase your calorie burn). When I got done, I felt great, but it was hard, I am excited to increase my time and reduce my time on this route and burn the same, or even more calories because I've increased the intensity. When I got home, I did 3 sets of tricep dips on my coffee table(20 reps), 3 sets of pushups(12 reps), and some really good stretching.

I am excited to be able to be blogging about this, and I hope you will join me. I will update at LEAST once a week if not more to let you know what I am doing. Keep checking up on the blog, because I am going to talk more about my food choices.












2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your updates. I have 54 (I think) days to Deser Cliffs. My story about baby weight is:
    First kid took 6 weeks (really)
    Second kid took 6 months
    Third kid is taking 26 years (he is turning 26 in June)
    No kidding.....
    But on the other hand I am down over 20 pounds from a few years ago (but up 10 from last September)....
    I am trying, a life-long challenge. Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne, remember you are beautiful even with your baby weight! Love you and good luck....I may join you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com