Thursday, December 17, 2009

The power of the mind


I have been thinking about this for a long time, and want to share some of my thoughts that have not only been about fitness, and health, but also about joy and happiness.

We are continually thinking daily, and daily we have thoughts both negative, and positive. Each day we may have thoughts of abundance, of poverty, of wealth, of health, of sickness, of being fat, of being slender, of being safe, of being unsafe, of being a victim, of being in charge, of being afraid, of being brave, of lack of self worth, of having self worth, of being happy, of being sad, of our faith, of our trials, of our joys, and the list could go on and on.

Each day we are faced with our thoughts, and we have to decide whether we want to keep them, or do we want to change them to something that will enhance our life in a positive way? It is these daily conscious thoughts that will become that which we see and experience in our own life. This is where our responsibility comes in. What do we want our mind to receive and act upon? How many times have we looked at a bad situation in our life and think it to be true when in reality, the only real truth about it is that we have allowed ourselves to be influenced by the thoughts of others.

The mind is like the earth and will grow whatever is planted in it. Do you want to plant seeds of beautiful flowers, and/or delicious fruits and vegetables, or do you want to plant seeds of a poisonous plant like poison oak?
It is up to you to responsibly plant the seeds for the harvest you wish to enjoy and experience.

My favorite analogy that I have found was used with a piano, but I changed it to a violin, because I think the violin when played with the heart can make the most beautiful music. You are the violinist. Your mind is the violin. The strings are your thoughts. How beautiful and creative will the composition of your life be? I grew up playing the violin, my mother taught the violin, and I have heard some awful screeches coming from the violin, and yet I have also heard the most amazing masterpieces-- These masterpieces are what I want to rehearse in my life, and I will practice every day until they become like the sound from an accomplished violinist.

I only hope that we each can be motivated to change the way we think about our life, our daily choices, our daily nagging, our daily complaining, and then take baby steps to switch those thought as we learn the power of a positive thought!

1 comment:

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com