Monday, December 28, 2009

Go GREEN

I have always loved smoothies, but mine have always included just fruit. I have heard about green smoothies, but until today, I have never tried them. I have been really trying to eat more veggies, and I know it is better to eat them raw, so what better way than to stick them in the blender. This is not my picture of my smoothie, mine was more grayish blue because of the blueberries I put in it. This is what I tried today, and it turned out delicious---really!
*skim milk or soy milk
*a frozen banana
*handful of frozen blueberries
*agave (natural sugar substitute) or honey
*protein powder (you don't have to add this)
*LOTS OF SPINACH
*tsp of almond butter, or natural peanut butter
I am really excited to try some with cucumber, and Kale. This is the link that inspired me, so click here, and get inspired to take control of your health in 2010.

*it is recommended to get a vita-mix, but my blender on my bosch was powerful enough.

1 comment:

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com