Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What you experience in one week....



Well for most of you that have come to visit us at Desert Cliffs, you will know that I LOVE our program. I have loved Southern Utah hiking since the day I discovered our mountains here in St. George 7 years ago, and I have always loved a good workout. Well I, like many others, make the mistake of eating more when I workout, and rewarding myself with sweets. This isn't always bad, but it can and will lead to weight gain even when you work out 6x a week.
So, my solution.........is to join Desert Cliffs for a full week. I believe that just like anything, you need to practice to get better at ANYTHING, so for a week I am going to practice once again what it is that I need to be feeding myself at home, and start forming better habits. I weighed myself on Monday morning, and plan on weighing out Saturday morning.
Monday, I was able to do the whole program at Desert Cliffs.....I ate a healthy bowl of oatmeal, (I am going to make my own breakfast this week), and then went on an INTENSE hike. We were out for 3 1/2 hours hiking one of the tallest mountains in Snow Canyon. It was AWESOME, and a GORGEOUS day!! Then I came back and we had an incredible salad with LOTS of veggies, and turkey....it was delicious, and sooo filling. After lunch we had a small break, and then we went to the gym, and did a great circuit training with weights, and then a Group kick class that was a high energy high calorie burner!! Then we came back and had a WONDERFUL dinner, Chicken with yummy salsa, sweet potato, and a delicious salad. To top it off and curb my sweet tooth, a WARM... small... peanut butter cookie!! DELICIOUS!!! THEN, as if the day couldn't get any better, we headed over to the gym, and took a 'Healthy postures' class that was perfect...a class combined with stretch, pilates, and yoga.....made me feel wonderful!!! It was also very inspiring to see older men and women in such great shape that are still incorporating exercise in their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I hope John gave you a discount on the rate....

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Sabine, you crack me up!
    I've considered doing Desert Cliffs for an entire week myself. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com