Sunday, November 8, 2009

Glass 1/2 Full


I always seem to have a way of setting high goals, and never really reaching all of them, but I've always been very optimistic, and have been able to not be too hard on myself when I don't quite reach it, and then I set another one just as high. This latest goal is to many, "very silly" but I want it, and it involves a yoga pose. I have always loved yoga, which is ironic, because I am so unFLExIbLe! Well the goal is set, and I am working every day (give or take a few:)) and I will try to reach this goal.....until I set a new one :). I'm just not sure if this yoga pose I am aspiring for is reachable with my flexibility, but there is nothing wrong with trying, and becoming stronger because I tried.

This last weekend I was able to attend a conference called, "Time Out for Women". This Conference really helped me gain some more confidence, to get through each day stronger. We all struggle with challenges, and many of us feel our challenges are too much to bear, but we are here together, all struggling with similar challenges, and it sure helps to hear from those that are reseting their goals also.

Optimism is a quality that I believe I have grown to achieve through my struggles throughout my life. I wasn't always optimistic, but now I believe it is the only way to go. One of the many things that struck me from this conference, Mary Ellen from TOFW talked about "David and Goliath" from the Bible, if you are familiar with the story, remember David was up against a Giant, and he defeated him because of his optimism. David did not let the size of Goliath scare him. Mary Ellen says, "A Pestamist looks at Goliath and says, 'He's so huge, I'll never be able to take him down'. The Optimist looks at Goliath and says, 'He's so huge, I can't miss!"

Let us continue daily to set goals, and reset goals, stay optimistic in all we do, and set that goal to reach the highest mountain, and never give up.
Leanne Kemp

This is not me, but it is my goal

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! If anyone can do it you can!!! I want to be there when you do...taking pictures!! cindy

    ReplyDelete

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com