Sunday, June 12, 2011

last 30 days

wow, here we are to the last 30 days of my 90 day challenge. It has been more difficult for me, because there was not a competition, and I am soooooo competitive with other people, but not myself. The last 30 days I did not focus on my workouts as much because of the pain I've had with my body, so my focus was on my food intake, and NO SUGAR!

Here's the lowdown. I think everyone has to throw in challenges for themselves without beating themselves up if they don't complete that challenge. I did not make it 30 days, but I made some drastic and very habit forming changes. Because sugar was not going to be in my diet, it was easier to say no to the little dumb things I would put in my mouth, like a jelly bean, or swedish fish, or something that just was out of habit. I KNOW it is harder to say no after one bite of something, so by not taking that bite, I became stronger. I did only make it 25 days, but we were having a BIG family gathering, and my brother's girlfriend brought some delicious cookies that she made, and she was passing them out. I took one, and my sister told me not to do it, but I was proud of the 25 days I had, and I was ok, because it was a lot easier for me now to say no to "not worth it" sugar. This cookie on the other hand was "worth it" sugar:), and after half a cookie, I gave it to my daughter because I really didn't need the rest....now that deserves a 'gold star' for me to be able to do that!!:)
I'm not perfect, but I promise if you challenge yourself, you will see results, and I have lost another 8 pounds this month, so a total of 16 pounds in 60 days.
So now on to the next 30 days........EXERCISE again EVERY day!!!! I am feeling great, and have returned to the gym for a class called Group Power (with weights).
I am excited to get back into hard core working out, but the challenge for myself is to not over EAT, which is a challenge for the mind because I tend to think because I worked out I can allow more food.....not if I want to see results. So here I go...it's kind of my Last chance month.....and I will have my results in 30 days with a few updates here and there:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

visit us also at www.desertcliffs.com