1. A backpack doesn't get jealous of other backpacks.
2. A backpack will cary a ton of stuff - without complaint.
3. You can pick a new backpack out of a catalog.
4. A backpack always stays the same size (within reason).
5. Backpacks never raise an arm and say, "Talk to the hand".
6. Having more than one backpack is socially acceptable.
7. A backpack is ready to leave whenever you are.
8. A backpack doesn't mind if your friends come over - A LOT!
9. "Backpack Swapping", is not publicly frowned upon.
10. A backpack never gets tired of shopping.
So grab a backpack and let's...
Take a Hike!
If you are planning to hike with Desert Cliffs, plan on bringing a backpack that can hold a water bladder of a minimum of 2 liters, a packed lunch, plus any other necessities you might need. A backpack is a good investment and with good treatment, will last many years and serve you well.
Tip: You can store your water bladder in a freezer between hiking trips. That will keep bacteria from growing inside!