One of our guests here at Desert Cliffs LOVES our quinoa chili and asked if there might be a way we could recreate it for lunch... You betcha!
This Mexican Quinoa salad is light, refreshing and so vibrant! The exciting flavors will make you say WOW and best of all, it's perfect to keep you feeling full throughout those long hikes.
No meat required!
Our guests have been raving about this Mexican Quinoa Salad! We've experimented with many variations and it's always a huge hit!
Made with only the freshest ingredients and packed full of protein and nutrition
you are sure to feel recharged and ready to tackle any mountain after indulging in this mouthwatering flavor explosion!
Mexican Quinoa Salad
What you'll need:
For the Cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup well rinsed quinoa (always remember to rinse quinoa)
- 2 cups vegetable both, chicken broth or water
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- Preparation: Mix these 5 ingredients together in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender to bite. Allow quinoa 5 minutes to cool and add in the following ingredients.
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 1 can rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut into 4ths
- 1 bunch cilantro minced or chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- juice of 1-2 limes (depending on how juicy they are)
- Salt & Pepper to taste (optional)
Love & Light,
Head Chef - McKenna